At this incredible preview in Tokyo on November 15, I learned:
- that while Japanese audiences never react during a film (no crying, laughing or noises), the warmth of their welcome is nonetheless real! It's expressed in the intimacy of the post-film discussion.
- that every date is an opportunity for a gift 🎁 Luckily I had a few Invincible t-shirts on me...
- that I thought I was an organized guy... but no!
- that no show doesn't exist in Japan!
- Ichiro, my friend and invincible ALS fighter, for making all this possible
- Mediawan Rights, our international distributor
- NHK, Japan's public TV channel, for following us from the moment we got off the plane to the premiere.
- JCDecaux and BNP Japan for coming out in force
- Céline, Xavier and Jean-Philippe for traveling 18,000 kms to see a film they've seen 15 times...
- Virginie, my light-hating wife, for getting up on stage to give a speech in English and Japanese 😅
- Stéphanie for making such a great film with a universal message 🙏
And that's just the beginning of our Japanese adventure 🇯🇵 Stay tuned!